Your show can become part of the excitement as a qualifying event in support of the Ontario Four Horse Hitch Series. Help champion the interests of both hitching and horses while providing Series members with some of the most rewarding show experiences in the province.
Take pride in being part of a growing community of hitching events dedicated to the highest standards of horsemanship, sportsmanship, and stewardship of the draft breeds. Qualifying shows offer fair-goers and draft horse enthusiasts the chance to feel the thunder as the hitches rumble around the ring.
Qualifying shows run on a calendar year until mid-October. A champion will reign when 10 of the highest point four-horse hitches compete at one of the most prestigious draft horse events in Canada: The Triple Crown Draft Classic.
If you are interested in becoming a qualifying Ontario Four Horse Hitch Series show, please fill in the online form or download the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Show fees ($100 per class) can be paid by email money transfer (EMT) to the same address using the following password: fourhorsehitch
If paying by cheque, please make it out to our treasurer, Peter Maher. Please note Ontario Four Horse Hitch Series or Ontario Four on the reference line.
The deadline for fairs and exhibitions to confirm their participation in the 2023 Ontario Four Horse Hitch Series is July 15, 2023.
Qualifying Show Requirements
- All Ontario Four Horse Hitch Series participating fairs and shows will pay a $100 per class entry fee for the 2023 season. (i.e. if your show is hosting two Ontario Four Horse Hitch Series classes, the entry fee is $200.) Show fees can be paid by email money transfer (EMT) to the email@example.com using the following password: fourhorsehitch
- Class entry fees must be paid in full by July 15, 2023.
- Each four-horse hitch class must be an open class, which may or may not be restricted to breed and/or gender. The full minimum premium money of $1,750 must be paid out completely regardless of how many hitches are in the class.
- It is the responsibility of the host fair or show to ensure all accepted Ontario Four Horse Hitch Series class entries are members in good standing. If a hitch who is not a member in good standing of the Series participates in a designated Ontario Four Horse Hitch class, the hosting fair or show will be responsible to deduct the late fee membership ($200) from the non-member’s total prize payouts and reimburse it to the Ontario Four Horse Hitch committee. A list of all paid exhibitors will be available on the Series website and will also be provided to each hosting fair or show in advance of the class.
- The entire class must be placed from top to bottom.
- Show directors must submit the class results to the Ontario Four Horse Hitch Series committee to firstname.lastname@example.org when the show is over.
- Each Ontario Four Horse Hitch Series member participating in the class must be, at a minimum, hitched to a wagon and hitches must be in motion for a class.
- The Ontario Four Horse Hitch Series committee has the right to disqualify any fair or show that jeopardizes the integrity of the Series. Reinstatement will be at the discretion of the committee members.